Are you a talented and hard-working Chef looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your career and showcase your skills?
If cooking is your passion, and if you love making others happy with your sweet treats and cooking, you will love this position!
We are looking for a great Chef (Pastry & Cooking) to join our client's team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and driven Pastry and Cooking Chef to build menus, share their knowledge and experience and delight our clients taste buds.
Pastry Chef job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and manage daily operations
- Prepare menus
- Suggest new menu items
- Understand visitors' preferences and make suggestions based on findings
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread
- Monitor supplies and ingredients necessary for daily operations
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment
- Train, guide and motivate pastry assistants
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a clean cooking station
- Adhere to health and safety standards
- Keep abreast with the latest food and industry trends
What you must have:
- Previous working experience as a Chef (Pastry & Cooking)
- Certificate in culinary arts or similar relevant field
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles
- Experience in food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Applicable knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Great interpersonal and leadership skills
- Friendly attitude
- Strong passion for the art of food design.