The South African Institution of Mechanical Engineering (SAIMechE) is the senior body representing the discipline of mechanical engineering in South Africa.
Our client invites interest and suitably qualified persons to apply for the position of General Manager at its office in Observatory, Gauteng.
You will take responsibility for the overall business operation of SAIMechE which includes, but not limited to:
- The financial administration and approval of payments of the Institution;
- The Human Resource management of the National Office;
- The Membership Administration of the Institution;
- Supporting and promoting the activities of the Institution, including the activities of branches, chapters and specialist sections;
- Co-ordinating the representation of the Institution during discussion of relevant matters at the regional and national levels, including discussions with other Voluntary Associations, the Engineering Council of South Africa, tertiary institutions, organs of state, etc.
What you need:
- At least a 3 year Bachelor Degree from an academic university in Commerce, Science, Engineering, Technology or Management;
- A Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering;
- Work experience in a similar environment, eg NGO, Government Department or Agency, Institution or Engineering Company;
- Registered as a Professional with ECSA;
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and Pastel;
- An interest in an overview of the engineering profession in South Africa;
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to manage the tasks and goals of others;
- Demonstrated leadership.