Our client based in Cape Town is a South African Financial Services Group list on the JSE, is looking for an Actuary with expertise in employee benefits to join their growing team.
The Actuary will be responsible finding solutions to balance costs and risks, conducting regular rate analysis, researching and pricing products and financial product development. The right candidate will apply their talents at their progressive growing company and enjoy advantages such as the opportunity for professional growth and a comprehensive benefits package.
What you will be doing:
- Focusing on the Corporate & Public Sector which includes reporting on Group Life; Funeral, Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) & Lump Sum Disability;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports;
- Using pricing models to perform detailed analysis of the profits to assist management to manage the book of business pro-actively.
What you need to bring with you:
- 3yrs+ Working experience evaluating Group Risk Benefits;
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related discipline;
- An advantage point will be …. proven progress in A110 or A200 series;
- Strong written & verbal communication skills;
- Ability to clearly explain complex statistics and technical detai;
- Advanced computer skills, including understanding of databases, spreadsheets and statistical analysis software;
- Last but not least …. Strong attention to detail!