The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is seeking a TECHNICAL ADVISOR inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The GFG Programme is a regional program with its reach across the African continent and as an Efficient management system of public finances is considered a public good and benefits the African population. Its objective is to foster Good Financial Governance in Africa, more specifically that ‘change agents’ in the areas of taxation, budgets, financial control, and legislative financial and budgetary supervision are empowered to support systemic changes in African countries.
This programme supports partner organisations such as (ATAF, CABRI, AFROSAI, & AFROPAC); in offering knowledge, training and exchange opportunities to their members to develop and implement joint standards and improve financial governance.
How you can make a difference:
- Conceptualising, planning and implementing the PFM reform and Illicit Financial Flows components.
- Manage the cooperation with partner organisations such as CABRI (Collaborative African Budget Reform Initiative), ESAAG (East and South African Accountant Generals), and South African Treasury.
- Steer the cooperation with the IMF African Regional Technical Assistance Centres.Act as focal point across the project for all activities against Illicit Financial Flows.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the joint Country Risk Profile project across the continent.
- Support, on demand, bilateral projects with PFM expertise through review of studies, on the ground advisory or evaluation missions in diverse topics including fiscal decentralisation.
- Contribute to the project's monitoring system for financial and content reporting to the commissioning parties.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s Degree in one of the following : Economics, Political Sciences, Accounting or Law
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 to 8 years of relevant progressively responsible experience in PFM environment (Ministry of Finance, Internal Audit or similar) preferably in African countries.
- Deep knowledge policy, strategy and technical advisory on PFM at all hierarchy levels;
- At least three (3) years of experience in designing participative knowledge generation, change, and reform processes;
- Management competencies and networking abilities;
- Self-motivation and team orientated.
- Experience working in collaboration with government,
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly in current office software applications
Fluency in English.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter and a detailed CV