Our client who provides a variety of management and support services to clinical laboratories in the medical community, is seeking to employ a Medical Technologist (registered with HPCSA) in a snr capacity to join their team in Hilton, KZN.
The following requirements are a prerequisite to be considered for the position:
- Current registration with HPCSA as a Medical Technologist (Clinical Pathology discipline)
- Must hold a B.Tech/ND in Laboratory/Medical Technology or related scientific disciplines
- Minimum 5 yrs supervisory experience within a Clinical Pathology environment
- Certification/training in good clinical laboratory practice (GCLP) and basic health and safety
- Knowledge of medical ethical guidelines
- Managing staff and orientation of new staff, supervision and delegation, training and development in Laboratory techniques, diagnostic processes and diagnosis. Participate in continuous professional development (CPD)
- Provide technical assistance to the Lab Manager – managing all technical tasks in order standards are met and maintained.
- Conduct routine and urgent testing within the laboratory to ensure efficient workflow and timeous reporting of results
- Perform administrative duties in order to ensure effective maintenance of the laboratory’s administrative systems
- Perform maintenance procedures, calibrations and quality control procedures on all laboratory equipment and analyzers
- Assist in training of laboratory staff; participate in continuous professional development (CPD)
- Please note: Market related Salary is dependent on your experience and skills you bring to this position; Our client will also be conducting their own assessments.